NANTES, France–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Regulatory News:
OSE Immunotherapeutics SA (Paris:OSE) (ISIN: FR0012127173; Mnmo: OSE) today announced an agreement with GERCOR, an independent non-profit French network of cancer specialists, to study Tedopi in locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer. GERCOR is finalizing the design of this Phase 2 trial of maintenance therapy with Tedopi alone or combined with a PD-1 checkpoint inhibitor versus Folfiri*, in patients with stable disease after 4 months of standard chemotherapy with Folforinox**.
We are pleased to have joined forces with such a prestigious oncology group as GERCOR to conduct the first study of Tedopi in combination with a checkpoint inhibitor, said Dominique Costantini, CEO of OSE. We believe that Tedopi may potentiate the activity of checkpoint inhibitors, enlarging the patient population who may benefit from them. We look forward to conducting this first combination study.
Professor Christophe Louvet, President of GERCOR, added: Tedopis effects on the tumor micro-environment could make checkpoint inhibitors relevant for a larger percentage of patients. Our network is excited to have the opportunity to explore this new immuno-oncology pathway addressing a particularly aggressive cancer, and for which new therapeutic options are strongly needed.
* Folfiri: combination chemotherapy with folinic acid, fluorouracil and irinotecan** Folfirinox: combination chemotherapy with folinic acid, fluorouracil, irinotecan and oxaliplatinFOLFIRINOX versus Gemcitabine for Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer; Conroy T, Desseigne F, Ychou M, Bouch O, Guimbaud R, Becouarn Y, et al. Folfirinox versus Gemcitabine for metastatic pancreatic cancer. N Engl J Med 2011;364:1817-25
ABOUT PANCREATIC CANCER
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) incidence is increasing regularly in Western countries and projections have reported that it should become the second leading cause of cancer-related mortality in 20201,2. Worldwide, pancreatic cancer incidence is of 337000 cases and the mortality of 330000 cases3. In France, pancreatic adenocarcinoma is the second most frequent digestive cancer, after colorectal cancers, with an annual incidence of more than 12 000 new cases. The prognosis of this disease remains very poor with a prevalence roughly equivalent to the incidence and a 5-year overall survival rate inferior to 5%.4 At diagnosis, most of the patients have a metastatic (more than 50%) or a locally advanced disease (one third). In case of resectable disease, surgical resection followed by an adjuvant chemotherapy allow to cure only a minority of patients, a relapse occurring during the follow-up in most of them (> 80%)5.
1. Eheman C, Henley SJ, Ballard-Barbash R, et al: Annual Report to the Nation on the status of cancer, 1975-2008, featuring cancers associated with excess weight and lack of sufficient physical activity. Cancer 118:2338-2366, 20122. Rahib L, Smith BD, Aizenberg R, et al: Projecting cancer incidence and deaths to 2030: the unexpected burden of thyroid, liver, and pancreas cancers in the United States. Cancer Res 2014, 74:2913-2921.3. Globocan 2012 (World Health Organization).4. Carpelan-Holmstrom M, Nordling S, Pukkala E, et al: Does anyone survive pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma? A nationwide study re-evaluating the data of the Finnish Cancer Registry. Gut 2005, 54:385-387.5. Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Bassi C, et al: Adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid vs gemcitabine following pancreatic cancer resection: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2010, 304:1073-1081.
GERCOR is an association of physicians whose purpose is to improve the care of patients affected by cancer by developing clinical research in the scope of an independent, multidisciplinary and multi-focused group. GERCOR concentrates its efforts on only one mission: clinical research. Thanks to its network, GERCOR offers patients easy access to its up-to-date treatments. To achieve this goal, GERCOR stimulates the inclusion into its network of the greatest number of physicians involved in the treatments it is conducting, offers vital logistical assistance to research physicians whose job is to direct and monitor the application of the treatments to patients.
ABOUT OSE Immunotherapeutics
Our ambition is to become a world leader in activation and regulation immunotherapies.
OSE Immunotherapeutics is a biotechnology company focused on the development of innovative immunotherapies for immune activation and regulation in the fields of immuno-oncology, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
The company has a balanced portfolio of first-in-class products with a diversified risk profile ranging from clinical phase trials to R&D:
In auto-immune diseases and transplantation:
The portfolios blockbuster potential gives OSE Immunotherapeutics the ability to enter global agreements at different stages of development with major pharmaceutical players.
Immunotherapy is a highly promising and growing market. By 2023 Immunotherapy of cancer could represent nearly 60% of treatments against less than 3% at present * and the projected market is estimated at $67 billion in 2018 **. There are more than 80 autoimmune diseases that represent a significant market including major players in the pharmaceutical industry with sales towards $10 billion for the main products. The medical need is largely unmet and requires the provision of new innovative products involved in the regulation of the immune system.
*Citi Research Equity**BCC Research
Click and follow us on Twitter and Linkedln
This press release contains express or implied information and statements that might be deemed forward-looking information and statements in respect of OSE Immunotherapeutics. They do not constitute historical facts. These information and statements include financial projections that are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by OSE Immunotherapeutics management in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate.
These forward-looking statements include statements typically using conditional and containing verbs such as expect, anticipate, believe, target, plan, or estimate, their declensions and conjugations and words of similar import.
Although the OSE Immunotherapeutics management believes that the forward-looking statements and information are reasonable, the OSE Immunotherapeutics shareholders and other investors are cautioned that the completion of such expectations is by nature subject to various risks, known or not, and uncertainties which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of OSE Immunotherapeutics. These risks could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in or implied or projected by the forward-looking statements. These risks include those discussed or identified in the public filings made by OSE Immunotherapeutics with the AMF. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.
This press release includes only summary information and should be read with the OSE Immunotherapeutics Reference Document filed with the AMF on 28 April 2017 under the number R.17-038, including the annual financial report for the fiscal year 2016, available on the OSE Immunotherapeutics website.
Other than as required by applicable law, OSE Immunotherapeutics issues this press release at the date hereof and does not undertake any obligation to update or revise the forward-looking information or statements.
- Report from Stat reveals the limits of IBM's Watson for Oncology. - Slate Magazine (blog) - September 7th, 2017
- Merck snaps up a German immuno-oncology upstart in a $603M bolt ... - Endpoints News - September 7th, 2017
- Startup that makes personalized cancer treatments gets $93 million in funding - SFGate - September 7th, 2017
- Moonlight Mixer to benefit oncology services - AdVantage News - September 7th, 2017
- Ramping back up on oncology, GSK takes an option on Adaptimmune's TCR cancer drug - Endpoints News - September 7th, 2017
- Advanced oncology treatment now available in Sterling - Journal Advocate - September 7th, 2017
- Ransomware Attack May Impact 19K Oncology Hematology Patients - HealthITSecurity.com - September 7th, 2017
- Zymeworks to Present at the European Society for Medical Oncology 2017 Congress and Hold Webcast to Review ... - Business Wire (press release) - September 6th, 2017
- MEI Pharma nabs rights to oncology candidate voruciclib - Seeking Alpha - September 5th, 2017
- EnGeneIC Announces Publication in The Lancet Oncology of First Clinical Study Employing EDV Nanocell Platform ... - Markets Insider - September 5th, 2017
- Performance by comedian David Lee Nelson raises money for oncology center - Do Savannah - September 5th, 2017
- Pembrolizumab Has Promising Activity in Extensive-Stage SCLC - Cancer Network - September 5th, 2017
- Endocyte Announces Presentation at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) - GlobeNewswire (press release) - September 5th, 2017
- 19000 Medical Oncology Hematology Consultants, PA records exposed in ransomware attack - SC Magazine - September 4th, 2017
- Belgian Biotech Grows its Immuno-Oncology Pipeline for Childhood Cancer - Labiotech.eu (blog) - September 4th, 2017
- Innovations in oncology explode as new treatments gain approval - Business Day (registration) - September 4th, 2017
- Cancer center takes in Houston patients statewide following Hurricane Harvey - KVUE - September 4th, 2017
- Oncology the current landscape and what it means for the future - pharmaphorum - September 4th, 2017
- To Fight Cancer, India Must Fast-Track Approvals For Oncology Drugs And Devices - Huffington Post India - September 4th, 2017
- Therapeutic Area: Oncology | Chiltern - September 3rd, 2017
- Best Oncology Conferences 2018 | Oncology Meetings USA ... - September 3rd, 2017
- Texas Oncology to cancer patients who have been displaced by ... - Star Local Media - September 3rd, 2017
- Oncurious to Buy VIB's Immun-Oncology Portfolio - BioPharm International - September 2nd, 2017
- Delaware oncology group hit by nearly month-long ransomware attack - Healthcare IT News - September 2nd, 2017
- For residents, by residents: Mentorship program focuses on radiation oncology - Radiology Business - September 2nd, 2017
- Gilead Sciences' Oncology M&A Strategy Explained - Motley Fool - September 2nd, 2017
- Performance of AstraZeneca's Oncology Segment in 2Q17 - Market Realist - September 2nd, 2017
- Shattuck-Takeda Partnership Will Involve Double-barreled Cancer-fighting Therapies - Immuno-Oncology News - September 2nd, 2017
- Guenther Koehne named chief of bone marrow transplantation and hematologic oncology at Miami Cancer Institute - The Cancer Letter Publications - September 2nd, 2017
- Pharmalittle: A generic rival for opioid treatment & an oncology setback for J&J - STAT - September 2nd, 2017
- BeiGene Announces Presentations at the European Society for Medical Oncology 2017 Congress - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 31st, 2017
- Loxo Oncology to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 31st, 2017
- 6 years after child's death, father buys lunch for oncology unit nurses - WKRN.com - August 31st, 2017
- Pediatric oncology nurses embrace a unique role - Atlanta Journal Constitution - August 31st, 2017
- AVEO Oncology: EU Approval Pop Is Just The Beginning - Seeking Alpha - August 31st, 2017
- BizVibe Announces Its List of the Best Oncology Pharmaceutical Companies for 2017 - Business Wire (press release) - August 31st, 2017
- ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc (ZIOP) Shares Needle Moving -2.94% - Morgan Research - August 31st, 2017
- Star team quietly raises $21M to launch the latest immuno-oncology ... - Endpoints News - August 31st, 2017
- Texas Oncology Available To Patients Impacted By Harvey - PR Newswire (press release) - August 30th, 2017
- Dell Medical School creates Department of Oncology - UT The Daily Texan - August 30th, 2017
- Six years after child's death, father buys lunch for oncology unit ... - NBC4i.com - August 30th, 2017
- Jazz, ImmunoGen partner on hematology, oncology drug development - BioPharma Dive - August 30th, 2017
- Five Prime cuts loose from InhibRx immuno-oncology deal - FierceBiotech - August 29th, 2017
- Bivarus and Community Oncology Alliance Collaborate to Improve ... - Business Wire (press release) - August 29th, 2017
- Kura Oncology to Participate in Citi's 12th Annual Biotech Conference - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 29th, 2017
- Exceptional Registered Nurse and Radio Oncology Nurse, Jose Vicente Delgado, RN, BSN, will be Highlighted in the ... - PR NewsChannel (press release) - August 29th, 2017
- Unusual Activity Spotted in ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc (ZIOP) and Telecom Argentina SA (TEO) - Morgan Research - August 29th, 2017
- Oncology training for community nurses begin in Kumasi - Ghana News Agency - August 29th, 2017
- AVEO Oncology (AVEO) Granted European Union Approval for FOTIVDA (tivozanib) - StreetInsider.com - August 28th, 2017
- Ridley-Tree Cancer Center of Santa Barbara achieves four-year accreditation for radiation oncology services from ... - Markets Insider - August 28th, 2017
- Immuno-Oncology 360 Summit Confirms Program Line-up for February 7-9, 2018 - Benzinga - August 28th, 2017
- Options Traders Expect Huge Moves in ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP) Stock August 28, 2017 - Zacks.com - August 28th, 2017
- Park Ridge news briefs: Oncologist, molecular biologist named to Maine South's alumni Wall of Honor - Chicago Tribune - August 28th, 2017
- 'Bras for a Cause' to benefit oncology patients - Sandusky Register - August 27th, 2017
- Oncology | Internal Medicine | ACP - August 26th, 2017
- Maury Regional adds five physicians - Columbia Daily Herald - August 26th, 2017
- Friday, August 25, 2017 - LWW Journals (blog) - August 26th, 2017
- Who Is Cancer Genetics? - Modest Money (press release) (blog) - August 25th, 2017
- Oncology probe was blocked - Independent Online - August 25th, 2017
- Samaritan awarded radiation oncology qualification for new cancer treatment option - WatertownDailyTimes.com - August 25th, 2017
- Champions Oncology Announces Strategic Collaboration with AstraZeneca to Develop Unique Cohorts of Patient ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 25th, 2017
- Highlighting the hematology/oncology unit at Gundersen - News8000.com - WKBT - August 25th, 2017
- FDA Actions & Updates - LWW Journals (blog) - August 24th, 2017
- Equicare Health and Lexington Medical Center collaborate on oncology integration project - Markets Insider - August 24th, 2017
- A Look into Merck's Immunology and Oncology Portfolio - Market Realist - August 24th, 2017
- Hematologist Oncologist Now Serving Mid-Shore Cancer Patients - My Eastern Shore - August 24th, 2017
- Grid Therapeutics Signs Exclusive License Agreement to Develop a Novel Immuno-Oncology Antibody - Business Wire (press release) - August 22nd, 2017
- LabCorp Partners OmniSeq to Grow in Immuno-Oncology Space ... - Nasdaq - August 22nd, 2017
- BTG and SIO Expand Immuno-Oncology / Interventional Oncology Grant Programme - Markets Insider - August 21st, 2017
- Champions Oncology Announces Strategic Collaboration with AstraZeneca to Develop Unique Cohorts of Patient ... - Markets Insider - August 21st, 2017
- ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc (ZIOP) Share Performance Recap - FLBC News - August 19th, 2017
- Champions Oncology Announces Research Collaboration with The Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute to Develop ... - Markets Insider - August 19th, 2017
- Teton Valley Hospital to provide oncology services - KIFI - LocalNews8.com - August 19th, 2017
- Is ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc (ZIOP) Building Momentum? - FLBC News - August 19th, 2017
- Can Stress Cause Cancer? | Massage Professionals Update - August 18th, 2017
- Champions Oncology (CSBR) Announces Research Pact with The Addario Lung Cancer Medical Institute - StreetInsider.com - August 18th, 2017
- Buy or Sell? Average Brokerage Ratings on Vantiv, Inc. (VNTV), Clovis Oncology, Inc. (CLVS) - StockNewsJournal - August 18th, 2017
- Bristol-Myers shares sink after another setback for its immuno-oncology franchise drugs - Endpoints News - August 18th, 2017
- Cell Line Development Services Markets, 2025 - Growing Incidence Rates of Oncology and Immunological Disorders ... - GlobeNewswire (press release) - August 18th, 2017
- Advanced oncology treatment now available in Sterling - Fort Morgan Times - August 17th, 2017