Write A Letter To The Editor
Letters to the editor are encouraged. Each letter must include the author’s name, mailing address and daytime telephone number.
The author’s name and city of residence will be used if the letter is used in print or online.
Addresses and phone numbers will not be published. Letters have a 250-word limit.
Letters may be edited for length, style and grammar. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail to Tulsa World, Letters to the Editor, Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102.
For more information, call 918-581-8330 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Op/ed space in the Tulsa World is limited. To preserve the space for the pieces we think our readers will most appreciate, we have these guidelines for submissions:
1. Op/eds should to be about public policy issues not personalities.
2. They should be debatable in nature: They should take a stance that some but not all of our readers would agree with.
3. They should not be in direct response to previous op/ed columns, syndicated columns, letters to the editor or Tulsa World editorials. The proper forum for such responses is our letter to the editor space.
4. They should come from authors who are authoritative on the topic or offer some unique identifiable perspective.
5. They should to be about 600 words long.
6. They cannot be election endorsements or un-endorsements, although at times the editorial department will solicit op/ed columns on both sides of an election for publication.
7. They cannot be product endorsement.
8. They should come from an author who lives within our circulation area.
9. They should not have been published elsewhere or submitted for publication elsewhere.
10. They cannot be libelous, incendiary or offensive to broad portions of our readership.
11. They should to be accompanied with an electronic photo of the author for publication.
These are not hard-and-fast rules. Sometimes, typically because of relative light demand for op/ed space, the editorial editor may waive one or more of the guidelines. At times of high demand, he may not be able to do so.
Columns should be submitted to: email@example.com
- Cancer relay brings families, caregivers together for a cure - Herald-Whig - June 25th, 2017
- AC35 teams on their foils to conquer cancer - Royal Gazette - June 25th, 2017
- Local cancer survivor supports local Relay for Live event - KVAL - June 22nd, 2017
- Huntsman Cancer Institute Unveils New Primary Children's and Families' Cancer Research Center - Utah Business - June 22nd, 2017
- Lose 10 pounds in a day. Coconut oil cures all. Welcome to fake news, nutrition-style. - Miami Herald - June 22nd, 2017
- Public invited to Eastburg childhood cancer benefit - Pocono Record - June 19th, 2017
- WeHo's Jonathan Gabay Named SoCal Cancer Group's 'Man of the Year' - WEHOville - June 16th, 2017
- Teen cancer survivor with partial amputation 'unstoppable' as athlete - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 16th, 2017
- The cruelty of the cancer industry - The Nation - June 15th, 2017
- Researchers aim to repurpose former experimental cancer therapy to treat muscular dystrophy - National Institutes of Health (press release) - June 14th, 2017
- Muckenthaler supports childhood cancer research with lemonade stand - Emporia Gazette - June 13th, 2017
- Advances in Cancer Research - Fox 4 - June 13th, 2017
- Arizona State using big data in hunt for cancer cure - Health Data Management - June 13th, 2017
- Groundbreaking Cancer Treatment Fast-Tracked to Market by US Drug Agency - Sputnik International - June 13th, 2017
- Blood cancer treatment called 'revolutionary' after all study patients responded - W*USA 9 - June 11th, 2017
- UAMS doctors hoping new treatment could revolutionize how cancer is treated - THV 11 - June 10th, 2017
- Blood cancer treatment called 'revolutionary' after all study patients responded - KREM.com - June 9th, 2017
- Arizona State using big data in hunt for cancer cure | Information ... - Information Management - June 8th, 2017
- A first: All respond to gene therapy in a blood cancer study - ABC News - June 7th, 2017
- Cancer survivors walk to find cures for other victims - The Daily Advance - June 4th, 2017
- Komen Atlanta's Race for the Cure - WSB Atlanta - June 3rd, 2017
- Month-long lemonade stand to help fight childhood cancer - ABC27 - June 1st, 2017
- Better Together: Inside the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - Q13 FOX - May 31st, 2017
- Wilminton Firefighters Shave Their Heads To Help A Cure For Cancer - Patch.com - May 30th, 2017
- A New Generation of Givers: High School Students Vie to Change the Landscape of Cancer Cures - PR Newswire (press release) - May 30th, 2017
- Despite suspended license, Kirkland naturopath may have continued practicing - Seattle Times - May 29th, 2017
- Cancer Immunotherapy, Part 1: Current Strategies and Agents - P&T Community - May 29th, 2017
- Second annual Cut for a Cure raises awareness for cancer - Rockwall County Herald Banner - May 29th, 2017
- Trump's Vatican ambassador nominee Callista Gingrich hawked ... - Haaretz - May 25th, 2017
- 360 FCU Hosts Alex's Lemonade Stand For Childrens' Cancer Cure - Patch.com - May 25th, 2017
- Can cannabis cure cancer? The proof isn't out there - Irish Times - May 24th, 2017
- Cannabis and skin cancer - Colorado Springs Independent - May 24th, 2017
- The cancer challenge: the quest for a cure is only half the battle - pharmaphorum - May 18th, 2017
- America has a fake cancer cure epidemic - The Week Magazine - May 16th, 2017
- Likely Vatican Ambassador Callista Gingrich's Company Hawked Biblical Cancer "Cure" - Media Matters for America (blog) - May 16th, 2017
- Breast milk CURES cancer, scientists claim as they reveal it contains ... - The Sun - May 14th, 2017
- How one bad sentence in the cures act blocked FDA's cancer center from receiving $75 million - The Cancer Letter Publications - May 13th, 2017
- Why Don't We Have the Technology to Cure Cancer Yet? - Huffington post (press release) (blog) - May 12th, 2017
- Some cancer treatments cost as much as $33000 a month, but fall well short of being wonder cures - National Post - May 12th, 2017
- Quest for a Cure: MCA Supports Cancer Research Month - Mesothelioma.com (blog) - May 12th, 2017
- Danica Patrick, One Cure driving for a cancer answer - Source - May 12th, 2017
- University of Iowa researcher's discovery could lead to cure for all cancers - KGAN TV - May 4th, 2017
- Fred Hutch makes a big step in the world of cancer treatment - MyNorthwest.com - May 4th, 2017
- FDA cracks down on 'illegal' cancer treatments - CNN.com - May 2nd, 2017
- Cancer patients too often misled with outright fraud and overhyped promises - MinnPost (blog) - May 1st, 2017
- FDA warns consumers of 14 companies selling bogus cancer 'cures' - WZZM - April 29th, 2017
- FDA Sends Warning Letters to 14 Companies Pushing 'Natural' Cancer Cures - Organic Authority - April 28th, 2017
- Cancer Articles | Buzzle.com - April 28th, 2017
- FDA Takes Aim At Fake Cancer Cures - Vocativ - April 28th, 2017
- FDA stops 'illegal' cancer treatments - Blasting News - April 28th, 2017
- New way to speed search for cancer cures dramatically - Science Daily - April 26th, 2017
- New Approach Accelerates Search for Cancer Cures Dramatically - Newswise (press release) - April 26th, 2017
- FDA Warns about Cancer 'Cures' - HealthCentral.com - April 26th, 2017
- Cancer Patients, Researchers Oppose Trump's Proposed NIH Spending Cut - BethesdaMagazine.com - April 26th, 2017
- Dioxins Point to Targets for Treating Breast Cancer - BU Today - April 25th, 2017
- Proposed cuts to NIH will be a devastating blow to medicine - Philly.com - April 24th, 2017
- The Cancer Moonshot Initiative: What's next? - Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3 - April 21st, 2017
- PNC-27: Cancer Treatment or Quack Medicine? - ConsumerSafety.org - April 21st, 2017
- "Medical marijuana refugee" Laurie Gaddis uses cannabis to treat her skin cancer - Baltimore City Paper - April 21st, 2017
- Mom continues legacy, creates 'Mustard Challenge' after losing daughter to cancer - First Coast News - April 21st, 2017
- Commitment to Curing Cancer: High School students fundraising campaign raises $163516 - The Clermont Sun - April 20th, 2017
- UK receives $11M to research links between obesity, cancer - Richmond Register - April 20th, 2017
- Mom continues legacy, creates 'Mustard Challenge' after losing daughter to cancer - WGRZ-TV - April 20th, 2017
- Mom continues legacy, creates 'Mustard Challenge' after losing daughter to cancer - KARE - April 19th, 2017
- UK Awarded $11.2 Million to Study Cancer, Metabolism - SurfKY News (registration) (blog) - April 18th, 2017
- Cancer And The Snake Oil Industry - Huffington Post UK - April 18th, 2017
- Meet the woman trying to cure cancer through breast milk - Telegraph.co.uk - April 17th, 2017
- Protect IP to find new cures - The Hindu - April 17th, 2017
- Consilience, Episode 3: Cancer, Obscured - The Scientist - April 14th, 2017
- Sharing hope: Relay for Life events connect community cancer fighters - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal - April 14th, 2017
- Decatur girl dances for cancer cure - Champion - April 10th, 2017
- Xavier Research Lab Produces Breast Cancer Treatment Breakthrough - HBCU Digest - April 9th, 2017
- New database could help find cancer cures - KRMG - April 9th, 2017
- Cancer sufferers put faith in Te Kiri Gold bleach water - Waikato Times - April 7th, 2017
- Culver HS students among cancer fighting teams - culvercitynews - April 7th, 2017
- Cancer immunotherapy: more reason for concern? - HealthNewsReview.org - April 6th, 2017
- Young Doctor Diagnosed With A Death Sentence Hopes To Cure Himself -- Before It's Too Late - Huffington Post - April 4th, 2017
- NeoTherma Oncology Announces FDA Granted Its Vectron Thermal Device for Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer ... - P&T Community - April 4th, 2017
- The Tragically Hip recognized for brain cancer fundraising impact - CKWS - April 4th, 2017
- Have we entered the age of the cure? - Spectator.co.uk - April 3rd, 2017