Write A Letter To The Editor
Letters to the editor are encouraged. Each letter must include the author’s name, mailing address and daytime telephone number.
The author’s name and city of residence will be used if the letter is used in print or online.
Addresses and phone numbers will not be published. Letters have a 250-word limit.
Letters may be edited for length, style and grammar. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail to Tulsa World, Letters to the Editor, Box 1770, Tulsa, OK 74102.
For more information, call 918-581-8330 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Op/ed space in the Tulsa World is limited. To preserve the space for the pieces we think our readers will most appreciate, we have these guidelines for submissions:
1. Op/eds should to be about public policy issues not personalities.
2. They should be debatable in nature: They should take a stance that some but not all of our readers would agree with.
3. They should not be in direct response to previous op/ed columns, syndicated columns, letters to the editor or Tulsa World editorials. The proper forum for such responses is our letter to the editor space.
4. They should come from authors who are authoritative on the topic or offer some unique identifiable perspective.
5. They should to be about 600 words long.
6. They cannot be election endorsements or un-endorsements, although at times the editorial department will solicit op/ed columns on both sides of an election for publication.
7. They cannot be product endorsement.
8. They should come from an author who lives within our circulation area.
9. They should not have been published elsewhere or submitted for publication elsewhere.
10. They cannot be libelous, incendiary or offensive to broad portions of our readership.
11. They should to be accompanied with an electronic photo of the author for publication.
These are not hard-and-fast rules. Sometimes, typically because of relative light demand for op/ed space, the editorial editor may waive one or more of the guidelines. At times of high demand, he may not be able to do so.
Columns should be submitted to: email@example.com
- Death rates far higher for 'alternative' cancer cures: study - CTV News - August 20th, 2017
- When Will We Have a Cure for All Forms of Cancer? - Futurism - August 19th, 2017
- Death rates far higher for 'alternative' cancer cures: Study - Zee News - August 19th, 2017
- Medical research funding could use shot in arm - Herald-Whig - August 18th, 2017
- Tom Brady on K&C opens up about 2016 season, playing while mom was battling cancer - WEEI.com (blog) - August 16th, 2017
- Nine reasons to become a Champion of Hope during PCH Give-A-Thon - KTAR.com - August 16th, 2017
- Cannabis repairs DNA - News24 - August 15th, 2017
- Fundraiser event coming to St. Clair Shores Sept. 23 - C&G Newspapers - August 15th, 2017
- Talk of the County - Chicago Tribune - August 14th, 2017
- Maui High graduate spends summer turning raw data into cancer research - Maui News - August 14th, 2017
- Massachusetts Farm Bureau Members Raise Money to Fight Cancer - Lancaster Farming - August 12th, 2017
- Search for herbal cancer cures advances Features The ... - Guardian (blog) - August 10th, 2017
- Biotech to drive biggest cancer advancements in decades report - PharmaTimes - August 10th, 2017
- Researchers back comparative oncology to solve shared kid, dog cancers - VetPracticeNews.com - August 9th, 2017
- Locals riding for a cure - Marinscope Community Newspapers - August 9th, 2017
- Cancer Research's Loss is Skin Care's Gain - HuffPost - August 9th, 2017
- Exclusive wine dinner draws V Foundation supporters - San Francisco Chronicle - August 9th, 2017
- Coaches Versus Cancer event on Friday at Arbor Crest - The Spokesman-Review - August 8th, 2017
- Nobel Laureate: Please Put Your Disease on Hold as Congress Decides Whether to Cure It - TIME - August 8th, 2017
- NCI study identifies essential genes for cancer immunotherapy - National Institutes of Health (press release) - August 8th, 2017
- Camp Quality goers don't dwell on shared cancer experiences - Jackson Hole News&Guide - August 8th, 2017
- Joe Biden speaks at Pelotonia, addressing survivors and fight against cancer - OSU - The Lantern - August 7th, 2017
- Minnesota scientists rebel against Trump plan to gut funding for breakthrough cures - City Pages - August 4th, 2017
- FDA OKs new drug to treat all forms of hepatitis C - ABC News - August 4th, 2017
- If you shave your head for the St. Baldrick's Foundation, where does that money go? - News 5 Cleveland - August 3rd, 2017
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Announces Expansion Of Its Pediatric Cancer Research Grant - The Hyundai Quantum And ... - Markets Insider - August 3rd, 2017
- Wayland and Weston riders excited for PMC - Wicked Local Wayland - August 3rd, 2017
- Cow dung can be used to create bunkers, urine cures cancer, says RSS leader - India Today - August 3rd, 2017
- Cornhole tournament raises $10000 for blood cancer research - Daily Press - August 2nd, 2017
- Israel Cancer Research Fund Held 10th Annual Evening of Inspiration, July 23 in Deal, New Jersey - The Jewish Voice - August 2nd, 2017
- Group looks to 'Rock Out Cancer' - Beloit Daily News - August 2nd, 2017
- The incredible story of an organization helping young cancer patients...by making socks - WJLA - August 1st, 2017
- PRESS RELEASE: First Universal Childhood Cancer Data Lab Opens August 1, 2017 - Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (press release) - August 1st, 2017
- These People Are Making Money Off A Bogus Cancer Cure That Doctors Say Could Poison You - BuzzFeed News - July 31st, 2017
- Richmond LLS campaign brings 'light to the darkness of cancer' - WRIC - July 31st, 2017
- Hall of Famer Brock says he's free of cancer after treatment - The Rolla Daily News - July 30th, 2017
- This "map" could change the way we treat cancer | Popular Science - Popular Science - July 30th, 2017
- Stand Up To Cancer, St. Baldrick's Foundation Hail Green Light for CAR T Cell Therapy for Leukemia - PR Newswire (press release) - July 13th, 2017
- The race to fight childhood cancer - The Hill (blog) - July 13th, 2017
- FDA Panel Recommends Approval for Gene-Altering Leukemia Treatment - New York Times - July 13th, 2017
- Funding is lifeblood of medical research - Santa Fe New Mexican - July 13th, 2017
- Women leaders sought to advance cancer prevention - Easton Courier - July 13th, 2017
- Tackling disease in three dimensionssupercomputers help decode RNA structure - Phys.Org - July 13th, 2017
- Cialis online best place buy - Cialis prostate cancer treatment - Van Wert independent - July 11th, 2017
- Louisiana studies ways to force down Hepatitis C drug costs - Sacramento Bee - July 11th, 2017
- 2017 Great Cycle Challenge USA Raises More Than $4.4 Million To Fight Kids' Cancer - PR Newswire (press release) - July 11th, 2017
- A NVIDIA VP says virtual reality is beyond video games - Markets Morning - July 11th, 2017
- Fairhope's Kilborn Clinic Fights Cancer With State of the Art Tech - WKRG - July 10th, 2017
- FDA outlines 'Innovation Initiative,' Cures plans to speed up drug development - FierceBiotech - July 10th, 2017
- PRESS RELEASE: Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation Announces 2017 Innovation Grant Recipients - Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (press release) - July 10th, 2017
- Widespread hype gives false hope to many cancer patients - Miami News Record - July 10th, 2017
- Walking for a cure: Relay For Life Kona fights cancer for 23rd consecutive year - West Hawaii Today - July 9th, 2017
- Buddy Check9: Blood cancer - 9NEWS.com - July 9th, 2017
- Joe Biden's moonshot to crack the code on cancer, one of the biggest killers in America - CNBC - July 8th, 2017
- Private clinics' peddling of unproven stem cell treatments is unsafe and unethical - The Conversation AU - July 8th, 2017
- Pendleton Relay For Life is today - The Inter-Mountain - July 8th, 2017
- Henrietta Lacks and family honored at UIC - WGN-TV - July 8th, 2017
- Finding a Cure for Cancer - Parade - July 5th, 2017
- National foundation gives $53000 for pediatric cancer research - The Augusta Chronicle - July 5th, 2017
- Leading cancer researcher retires from Ottawa Hospital - Yahoo News Canada (blog) - July 3rd, 2017
- These Norwegian Biotech Execs are Bringing Back Cancer Vaccines & Oncolytic Viruses - Labiotech.eu (blog) - July 3rd, 2017
- Marblehead cancer survivors Harry and Marilyn Epstein celebrate 50th anniversary - Wicked Local Marblehead - July 3rd, 2017
- High drug prices leave Louisiana considering asking for federal intervention - Chicago Tribune - July 3rd, 2017
- Local CEO helps raise $1.4 million to fight cancer - Elkin Jonesville Tribune - July 2nd, 2017
- Is Getting Genetically Engineered a Human Right? - Futurism - July 2nd, 2017
- A History of Joe Biden's War on Cancer - Fortune - June 30th, 2017
- House passes Caltagirone's 2nd historic bill to boost pediatric cancer research funding - bctv.org - June 30th, 2017
- St. Jude Ranked No. 1 Pediatric Cancer Hospital - Memphis Daily News - June 29th, 2017
- Joe and Jill Biden: We're Changing How We Fight Cancer - TIME - June 29th, 2017
- Hyundai Gift Supports Pediatric Cancer Research At Connecticut Children's - Hartford Courant - June 27th, 2017
- Montefiore is First in NY Metropolitan Area to Treat Cancer Patients with Accuray Radixact System - PR Newswire (press release) - June 27th, 2017
- Launching the Biden Cancer Initiative - PR Newswire (press release) - June 26th, 2017
- Widespread hype gives false hope to many cancer patients - Beauregard Daily News - June 25th, 2017
- Cancer relay brings families, caregivers together for a cure - Herald-Whig - June 25th, 2017
- AC35 teams on their foils to conquer cancer - Royal Gazette - June 25th, 2017
- Local cancer survivor supports local Relay for Live event - KVAL - June 22nd, 2017
- Huntsman Cancer Institute Unveils New Primary Children's and Families' Cancer Research Center - Utah Business - June 22nd, 2017
- Lose 10 pounds in a day. Coconut oil cures all. Welcome to fake news, nutrition-style. - Miami Herald - June 22nd, 2017
- Public invited to Eastburg childhood cancer benefit - Pocono Record - June 19th, 2017
- WeHo's Jonathan Gabay Named SoCal Cancer Group's 'Man of the Year' - WEHOville - June 16th, 2017